Wed, Feb 17|
Bring Your Authentic Self to Community
Individuals come together to co-create community, and the more authentic and connected each individual is to themselves and one another, the more creative, cohesive, and resilient the community will be.
Time & Location
Feb 17, 2021, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM EST
About the Event
If you’re interested in creating a thriving intentional community, you probably already know about the importance of developing a shared governance model, decision making protocol, and interpersonal communication skills. But what about cultivating the most important components – the individuals who make up the community?
Individuals come together to co-create community, and the more authentic and connected each individual is to themselves and one another, the more creative, cohesive, and resilient the community will be. However, authentic self-expression can be difficult and feel vulnerable or scary. What if I’m misunderstood or judged? What if my truth creates confilct or jeopardizes my inclusion? What if I have inner conflict and don’t know what is honest to share? What if I’m not sure what I think, feel, need, value or want?Join us for this informative and interactive workshop to explore:
- What authenticity is and why it’s so important for cooperative, intentional communities
- The four main barriers to authentic expression
- How to nurture our own healing, growth and skillfulness for more authentic expression
- How to support and encourage others’ authentic expression and create a culture of curiosity, compassion, and collaboration
- Experiential practices drawing from Nonviolent Communication, Authentic Relating, and Internal Family Systems